New article by Patall & Leach in Contemporary Educational PsychologyPosted: June 16, 2015
Erika Patall and MERG alum Jennifer Leach recently published an article entitled “The Role of Choice Provision in Academic Dishonesty” in Contemporary Educational Psychology. Here are the article highlights:
• Two experiments tested the effect of choice provision on cheating outcomes.
• Results confirmed that choice mitigates performance misreporting.
• Choice provided similar psychological benefits to having the opportunity to cheat.
• Choice affects anticipated cheating outcomes through opposing pathways.
• Choice effects operate via perceived competence/control and cheating opportunity.
See the article here.