New journal article by Patall, Vasquez, and SteingutPosted: June 13, 2016
Erika Patall and two MERG members, Ariana Vasquez and Rebecca Steingut, recently published an article, titled “Daily interest, engagement, and autonomy support in the high school science classroom,” in Contemporary Educational Psychology. Here are the article highlights:
- High school students in 43 science classes participated in a 6-week diary study.
- Student interest and behavioral engagement declined.
- Interest during class predicted engagement, particularly early in the unit.
- Interest predicted same and subsequent day perceived teacher provision of choice.
- Interest-perceived choice links were strongest early in the unit and for males.
Read the full article here.